Friday, July 14, 2006

alternative lifestyle

How could i ever be bored? I wake up every morning at the same time, get on the train and see the same old faces, bitch when its a minute late, have my morning coffee and paper so that it won't upset my mundane, monotonous routine ride into the grinder, put on the same face at work close my eyes sometimes at my desk on a monday, open them again to find out its thursday of a different month, and the only way i realize is because I'm wearing a different tie... I'm telling you, that's the life! That's the soul sapping, life devouring, mind warping life that the monks and masters of east asian philosophy tell us about all the time, luring us away from the beauty of what we have, in our anonymous little semi-spaces with their majestic mountain tops, minimalistic life styles and serenity. How lame is that? I would much rather fall asleep on the train on the way home, end up somewhere in the middle of manhattan, not realizing if im going to work or leaving, and wondering in which direction I'm headed. seriously though, if a person has everything, they never crave anything. Wanting is what reminds us we live. It is that hunger for things that requires us to continue yearning for that which is novel, to prevent us from stagnating in the rut the wheel of time has cut into this earth for all of us to fall in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home