Monday, July 10, 2006

I'm alone, wolf

The hardest thing to do in life is to live it. After many years of being an open book, it is time to close my tome. The friends i used to value so dearly, the ones i shared my most precious of all gifts, my life, are gone. They've moved on, away, to bigger and better things, and i do not blame them. Sometimes i can tell they look back and see me in the distance, a memory of a friend they once knew. Now, holding them at arm's length, hidden within the confines of the fortress i built based on the countless lies i've told over the years to protect myself, i find that i am no more. I once defined myself by my friends, relying on them to perpetuate my story long after i had vanished, but it's over. One day i locked myself into the closet with the one skeleton i could not show, and vanished forever behind the masquerade i now call life.

How do i dig through 3 years of lies and make things right again? Is it even possible? I suppose there's no point now, as i have strayed too far from the flock. I submit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home